Let’s introduce him!
Kobe was born in 1978 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Just after his high school, he joined National Basketball Association (NBA). With five NBA championships win, Kobe also grabbed 2008 MVP Award with the Los Angeles Lakers. Despite being suffered from injuries in his later years, he surpassed Michael Jordan for third place on the NBA all-time scoring list in December 2014. Later, In the same year, he announced his retirement after the 2015-16 NBA season.
With the Los Angeles Lakers, he won 5 NBA titles and became one of the game’s greatest scorers. Maybe most of us know that Bryant is the son of former NBA player Joe “Jellybean” Bryant.
NBA superstar Kobe Bryant’s net worth is $320 million. According to Forbes, his earnings were total of $49.5 million in 2015, making him the 10th highest-paid athlete in the world. He is the NBA’s top earner for the consecutive 5 years with $23.5 million salary for the 2014-15 season. He also earned about $26 million from endorsements from companies like Nike, Lenovo, Panini, and Hublot.
Vanessa Laine, Kobe’s 19-year-old beautiful wife whom he got married in April 2001. In July 2003, he was accused of sexual assault for harassing a 19-year-old hotel worker in Colorado. Bryant accepted the charge of adultery, but denied the rape charges. Finally, the case was dismissed in 2004, and he settled the civil case out of the court.
Though Kobe has a very long list of achievements in his folio. Some of the primary marks he left in his career are as below:
• Bryant was the youngest All-Star in NBA history, He was only 19-years old & was a part of Lakers.
• With 81 points against the Toronto Raptors, scored in January 2006, he became the second-highest single-game mark in NBA history.
• Bryant was named Most Valuable Player in 2008 and carried his team to the NBA Finals but they lost to the Boston Celtics.
• Being a part of the memorial service, Bryant honored his friend and music superstar Michael Jackson.
• He won consecutive gold medals with teammates Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and LeBron James among several other top players in 2008 & 2012 U.S. Olympic teams.
• Kobe surpassed Michael Jordan for third all-time on the NBA scoring list in December 2014.
Affiliations to Politics/Business
Kobe Bryant entered the business world the same way he entered in the basketball court. He associated himself with rapidly growing sports drink company named BodyArmor. Bryant invested his every possible effort to turn the brand into a competitor for industry giants Coca-Cola’s Powerade and Pepsi’s Gatorade. Currently, BodyArmor is omnipresent brand & can be found at grocery stores, sports clubs, etc. Revenues are on track to hit $200 million in 2017.
Kobe is also a philanthropist; Partnered with the non-profit After-School All-Stars as part of the Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation. He also runs an annual summer camp called the Kobe Basketball Academy.